Make your own Super smoothie
Of course fresh fruit and vegetables are preferable, but it’s really convenient with super powders and it is very easy to use. So if you don’t eat at kilo of organic fruits and vegetables everyday this is an alternative – if you’re interested in giving your body nutritional packed food as a complement to your typical nutritional sources of protein, carbohydrates and fats.
There are lots of Protein and Green powders around, some better than others, some even much better. So how do you know to tell the good from the bad? Good quality means no cheating: the good ones only use the best possible ingredients. Often they are higher priced. Check the protein sources. I prefer hemp or rice protein before whey (animal), egg or soy.
Use the Super powders as base for your Super smoothies. Here are some suggestions for Smoothie ingredients:
- Water or almond, rice or oat milk. Even herbal/green tea and/or a little coffe works fine.
- Any fruits that you like.
- Spirulina or other potent green powders (HealthForce, BoKU, Sunwarrior, Spirulina Pacifica, Green Magma, Optimum Greens etc)
- Maca powder
- Stevia or honey (for sweetness)
- Cinnamon, ginger or other spices you like.
- Sea or Himalayan salt
- Mushroom powder (cordyceps, reishi)
- Rice or hemp protein
- Hemp or Flax seeds
- Peanut butter
- Coconut oil
- Bee pollen
- Berry powder
- MSM powder
- Quinoa (pre-boiled)
- Chocolate powder
- Some people even use special herbal tinctures or antioxidants to add potency.
Combine for best taste, ex: coffe goes well with peanuts and chocolate, and banana taste good together with blueberry.