Motivation & preparation
It happens sometimes: the body feels weak and powerless. There is no energy, and with that feeling you don’t feel like running or do any kind of training. So how do you deal with that?
If you feel a little low on energy you can give yourself an energy boost: make a drink with fresh Vitamin-C, raw organic honey (make sure it’s raw), some organic salt rich in minerals (Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan Pink Salt works fine). A friend of mine uses Acai before training, which gives him a great energy boost. And don’t forget to make a playlist for your Mp3-player that will give you some extra energy. Myself I use the small iPod Shuffle, clipped on the back of my running cap with the wire rolled up. This way I won’t be disturbed by the cables around my neck and I can easily change song or volume without having to slow down.
In my case motivation shouldn’t be a problem. This summer I’m scheduled to run at least 3 very tough ultra trail marathons: Ladonia Mountain Trophy (Mölle, southern Sweden July 11), Ultra 6000D (La Plagne, french Alps July 25-25) and Ultra Trail de Mont Blanc (Chamonix, french Alps August 28-30).
To be able to prepare myself staying healthy, free from illnesses and injuries, will be of very high priority. There are a few rules I will need to follow:
- Eating good nutrition, both food and supplements
- Drinking plenty of liquids, avoiding dehydration which is degenerative
- Getting lots of sleep (I will soon tell you about my bed of nails)
- Intensive training, lots of hills and extra sessions for leg and core strength
- Avoiding obvious sources of illnesses (no sharing water bottles, reducing handshakes)
- Taking good care of my feet